Mixed berry cobbler recipes don’t have to be hard! You can spend as little as 5 minutes preparing this dessert by using a slow cooker and letting the magic happen hands-free. This easy cobbler recipe was created around Christmas time while figuring out a dessert last minute. All you need are frozen berries, flour, and a few other kitchen staples you may have at home.
Kitchen Tools You’ll Need
Tips for Frozen Berries
When it comes to frozen berries, you’re not only saving money but you’re reducing your food waste. Also by having a bag or two in the freezer allows for quick desserts at the last minute like this berry cobbler recipe.
Although not all frozen berries are the same. It is best to buy organic berries for many reasons. The first is they’re a lot healthier for you. There are no chemicals or pesticides added from the seed to the bag. Second, the berries will taste so much better than regular. I’m serious, they’re sweeter and full of flavor! Bonus: most of the time organic frozen berries don’t have added sugars or colorings like regular ones.
Cutting Butter Tip
Cutting cold butter into a dough mixture isn’t hard. You’re going to cut your cold butter into medium size cubes and drop them into the mix. Then you’ll take a regular eating fork and smush the butter pieces down into the dry dough mixture. When doing this you’re actually cutting the butter into tiny pea size pieces so the topping will be light and buttery. When each medium chunk is in pea-size pieces you’ll want to add your water and mix. NOTE: there will still be pieces of butter visible in your dough. You actually want this!
You May Also Enjoy Reading
- Easiest No Knead Sourdough Bread Recipe (Great for Beginners!)
- Homemade Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew (plant-based and simple!)
- How To Make Jalapeno Cheddar Sourdough Discard Scones
I love hearing how much you love our recipes, be sure to leave a review below! 😊
The Easiest Berry Cobbler Recipe You’ll Ever Try
- Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
- Wood Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 2.5 cups frozen organic berries I love using Trader Joe's frozen mix berries
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (unbleached is best)
- 1/8 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder be sure to find a nonaluminum version to protect health (Trader Joes has a great option)
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- FOR THE BERRIES:First butter or grease the slow cooker pot lightly. Then add in your berries, vanilla, and honey. Stir until evenly combined.
- FOR THE TOPPING:In a small mixing bowl, combine sea salt, flour, pure cane sugar, baking powder, cold butter (sliced into cubes), cinnamon, and water. Use a fork to cut the butter into the mixture. When butter is in small pieces and the mixture is combined into a soft dough, add on top of the berries in the slow cooker. Finally, place the lid on top of the slow cooker and turn it on low to cook for 5-6 hours. (If you're in a rush, turn on high for 3-4 hours)