Indulge in the irresistible homemade vanilla sweet cream cold brew at home to save money. It’s a refreshing and plant-based delight that combines the smoothness of cold brew coffee with a luscious layer of sweet vanilla-infused cashew cream.
With this simple recipe, you can create a coffee lover’s favorite right at home! In this recipe blog, you’ll learn how to make homemade cashew cream, the benefits of using date syrup to protect blood sugar, and of course the full recipe!
Ingredients for Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
The ingredients for this homemade creamy cold brew recipe are so simple! You’ll need ice, cooled-down coffee, cashew milk or cream, date syrup (or sweetener of choice), and vanilla. That’s it! This recipe is healthy and delicious. The ingredients won’t cause a spike in blood sugar levels due to using date syrup.
The Easiest Homemade Cold Brew
It is a common misconception to believe cold brew is hard to make. It’s so simple and you can do it multiple ways. You can brew coffee cold in the fridge overnight. You can also use a machine like a Keurig. However, my favorite way is even easier: cooling the rest of my morning French press coffee to room temperature. After I drink my first cup of morning coffee, I let the rest, about 1 cup, cool down on the counter until lunchtime. Then it’s ready to use for iced drinks!
If you don’t use a French press, no worries! You can do this with drip, pour-over, instant, etc. If you want cold brew ready in the fridge for all times, brew a few batches and let them sit out until room temperature. Then store the coffee in a sealed container in your fridge.
Homemade Plant-Based Vanilla Sweet Cream
The best sweet cream you’ll get your hands on is homemade. You won’t have all those additives and it’ll taste so fresh. My favorite and healthiest way to make cream at home is with cashews. You simply take 1 cup of cashews and soak them in a bowl of water overnight. In the morning drain the cashews and toss them into a blender with 1.5 to 2 cups of water. Blend these ingredients for 60 seconds, no less, and strain to ensure smoothness. You can then use this cashew cream to make vanilla sweet cream for this recipe.
By swapping cashew milk for dairy cream you’re protecting your blood sugar and blood pressure levels. You’re also getting tons of nutrients from the cashews. Who doesn’t want that?! Delicious and good for your body, who knew healthy could taste so good!
Storing Leftovers & Making Ahead
When it comes to storing your homemade vanilla sweet cream cold brew, it’s super easy to keep those incredible flavors locked in. Once you’re done making this recipe, grab some airtight containers—one for the leftover cold brew coffee and another for the homemade sweet cream. Place them in the fridge and enjoy them within the next week to ensure freshness. The cashew sweet cream may separate while in the fridge, just give it a shake before using.
Here are my favorite non-plastic storage containers (affiliate links):
- 32oz reusable glass milk jugs
- Widemouthed, airtight Mason Jars
- 1-gallon cold brew glass dispenser (I don’t have this yet but want to get it asap!)
Enjoy More PBH Homemade Recipes
- Best Homemade Chai Latte Recipe (An Easy Heartwarming Drink)
- Simple Greek Yogurt Strawberry Parfait Recipe
- The Best Lunch Recipe: Arugula Chicken Bagel Sandwiches
If you love this recipe or any other PBH homemade creation, it would mean so much if you came back and gave it a 5-star review! I love hearing how much you’ve enjoyed these goodies!
Homemade Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- 1 blender
- 1 reusable straw
- 1 cup or mug
- 1 cup cooled down brewed coffee *see notes
- 1 cup cashew milk or cream *see notes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Date Syrup (or honey or pure maple syrup)
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ice *see notes
- First, if your brewed coffee isn't cooled down to room temperature, make sure you do that. Then add it to a glass or mug.
- Next, add cashew milk/cream to a blender along with date syrup (or sweetner of choice) and vanilla. Blend the vanilla sweet cream mixture for 20-30 seconds. Don't skip this length of blending, it makes a creamy texture.
- Add ice to your cold brew in the glass and pour the vanilla sweet cream mixture over it. Finally, stir with a metal or glass straw and enjoy!